Massage and Manual Therapy Services
Massage therapy (a.k.a. manual therapy) is the manipulation of the soft tissues of the body to normalize those tissues. It also is known to affect the circulation of blood, increase the flow of lymph, and reduce muscle tension. Whether you choose a custom massage experience or add one of our elevations, our licensed professional massage therapists have your specific needs in mind and will ensure that you reap the most out of your wellness visit. All of our massage therapists are trained in basic Swedish massage, but typically use a combination of deep tissue, sports, and myofascial release which greatly complements other holistic therapies for the musculoskeletal system. We are also trained in prenatal and postnatal massage therapy techniques. For this reason, we are not your typical “spa massage” and our techniques fall under the designation of manual therapy.
Swedish sessions can target specific areas of pain like a sprained ankle, or they can be used to help manage the chronic pain that comes with conditions like arthritis. By using strokes that improve circulation and increase body-wide relaxation, the massage therapist can help make many painful conditions more bearable.
- The strokes of Swedish massage replicate the movements of the circulatory system.
- Swedish massage can break up muscle adhesions and help promote the healthy healing of scar tissue.
- Swedish Massage uses strokes like cross-fiber friction to work out the kinks that can accompany injured muscles.
- These strokes help get rid of scar tissue and return the muscles to their normal, healthy state.
Sports massage focuses on relaxing overused muscles and restoring optimal range of motion, increasing flexibility with a variety of techniques such as myofascial release, Swedish massage, and stretching.
- Sports massage can also provide welcome relief from mental stress for athletes undergoing rehabilitation and recovery and to help relieve muscle stiffness, improve circulation and increase flexibility to prevent strain and tears.
- Whether your sport involves cycling, running, swimming, jumping, or throwing, sports massage can help you improve your performance and stay on top of your game.
Graston is an instrument-assisted soft tissue mobilization therapy that reinitiates the inflammatory process to trigger the healing cascade through reorganization of fibrous tissue. A contour stainless steel instrument is used to examine and treat soft tissue dysfunction and pathology by facilitating relaxation, enhance edema reabsorption, and desensitize trigger points.
Although it’s an exciting time for you, it also comes with much stress and anxiety.
This is where massage can help you.
Studies indicate that massage therapy performed during pregnancy can reduce anxiety, decrease symptoms of depression, relieve muscle aches and joint pains, and improve labor outcomes and newborn health.
Your body goes through many changes during pregnancy – whether it’s your first baby or your fifth child.
But, after you have the baby, who takes care of you?
Who nurtures you and helps you heal?
We’re here to help you navigate through those changes, answer your questions, and make your pregnancy and post-partum as comfortable as possible.
Each upgrade is $25. NO ADDITIONAL TIME ADDED, the time is incorporated into your massage.
Reflexology is the application of appropriate pressure to specific points and areas on the feet, hands, or ears.
- Reflexologists believe that these areas and reflex points correspond to different body organs and systems, and that pressing them has a beneficial effect on the organs and person’s general health.
- Reflexology holds that a specific spot in the arch of the foot corresponds to the bladder point.
- When a reflexology practitioner uses thumbs or fingers to apply appropriate pressure to this area, it affects bladder functioning.
AromaTherapy uses fragrant oils extracted from herbs, flowers and fruits to naturally enhance the benefits of massage.
- Aromatherapy uses volatile plant materials, known as essential oils, and other aromatic compounds for the purpose of altering a person’s mood or health.
- Some essential oils such as tea tree have demonstrated anti-microbial effects, while others like lavender and vertiver induce relaxation.
Applying hot stones to specific trigger points helps to increase circulation to the affected muscles while reducing chronic pain and stress.
- Warms up the muscles, tendons, and ligaments which allows the therapist to access deeper muscle layers for a more thorough massage.
- Safe and effective in treating conditions including pain associated with fibromyalgia, arthritis, carpal tunnel and other types of chronic stress, while increasing joint flexibility.
CBD is a non-psychoactive herb that can be added to massage lotion. Our therapists use only the highest quality, organic, CBD cream.
- Pain Relief
*Each upgrade is $25. NO ADDITIONAL TIME ADDED, as the time is incorporated into your massage.
Deep Tissue Massage**
Deeper pressure into the muscle helps with circulatory work, knots, and flushing using myofascial release and deep-tissue techniques.
** Deep Tissue upgrade is $10. NO ADDITIONAL TIME ADDED, as the time is incorporated into your massage.
Pain-spot treatment to help tone muscle, treat pain, and heat muscle for full release using trigger point and other techniques.
***Neuromuscular upgrade is $15. NO ADDITIONAL TIME ADDED, as the time is incorporated into your massage.
How Much Time Should I Schedule?
All massage timeframes include time for a brief consultation, as well as time to undress and dress. You can expect a transition time of 7 minutes for each massage.
90-minute Massage $135
- 83 minutes of hands-on massage
- Suitable timeframe for overall relaxation and pain relief.
- Adults desiring specific work in 2-3 areas or a full-body massage would benefit from this timeframe.
60-minute Massage $90
- 53 minutes of hands-on massage
- Reasonable timeframe for overall relaxation and pain relief.
- Adults desiring specific work in 1-2 areas or a full-body massage would benefit from this timeframe.
45-minute Massage $67.50
- 38 minutes of hands-on massage
- Adolescents would benefit from this massage timeframe.
- Adults desiring specific work in 1 area or partial-body massage would benefit from this timeframe.
30-minute Massage $45.00
- 23 minutes of hands-on massage
- Children & infants would benefit from this massage timeframe.
- Adults desiring specific work in 1 area (i.e. TMJ) would benefit from this timeframe.
120-minute Massage $180
- 113 minutes of hands-on massage
- Adults wanting specific work in multiple areas or a full-body massage would benefit from this timeframe.
Do you give package discounts?
Bundle of Joy Package (for prenatal massages) $340
- Four 60-minute massages @ $85 each (save $30).
- Purchase on or after 34 weeks.
- Must schedule weekly until labor.
- Can use for postnatal massages for 365 days from purchase date.
- After 365 days can only use the amount towards massage-no refunds.
- Prenatal patients wanting to prepare their bodies for labor would benefit from this massage package.
Neuromuscular Package $700
- Five 90-minute massages @ $135 each (save $75).
- Purchase anytime before service.
- Must schedule weekly for a specific body part progression (shoulders, arms, neck, upper back, lower body).
- After 365 days can only use the amount towards massage-no refunds.
- Patients wanting neuromuscular massage for the whole body would benefit from this massage package.