With pediatric chiropractic, we apply very gentle, low-amplitude adjustments to guide the vertebrae into the right position and restore normal nerve and blood flow as well as increase joint motion. All of our doctors have taken a minimum of 200 additional hours of training in pediatric chiropractic to know just the right amount of force to apply to adjust a child but not hurt them. Dr. Long and Dr. Ploy are Certified by the American Council of Chiropractic Pediatrics.
Our certified pediatric chiropractors also receive additional training in craniosacral techniques.
- Cranial philosophy states that around the skull suture lines, there is always a bit of movement.
- This is especially evident in the infant where there are 22 total bones in the cranium, and the fontanels (soft spots) are still open.
- If any of these are off, it can contribute to jaw issues, sinus congestion, flattening of the skull (plagiocephaly), or difficulty sleeping.
- Most parents who bring their kid in to the chiropractor are looking to maximize their child’s overall health and potential for normal growth.
- We have several pediatricians, lactation consultants and pediatric dentists that refer to our office, and even have pediatric residents come monthly to observe the techniques we employ. We work very well with a child’s pediatrician, but can sometimes offer non-medicinal alternatives to health.