80% of all Americans will experience low back pain sometime in their lives, and $2 billion is spent each year on this condition.
- More people miss work due to back pain than due to illnesses such as colds and flus
- The standard medical approach of painkillers, muscle relaxers, and physical therapy deals only with the symptoms and not the cause of the problem
- Chiropractors use gentle alignments, physical therapy modalities, focused exercises, and specific muscle work to restore the natural alignment of the low back and strengthen the surrounding support structure
- Imagine that you have a water hose running from your low back all the way down to your toes. If you pinch that water hose at the top, the water flow will be significantly impaired down at the bottom
- This is essentially what happens when the bones shift in the low back causing a “pinched nerve”
- Only chiropractic can gently shift those bones back into position without surgery
- In some patients we have found acupuncture to be an excellent adjunct to more difficult case