Imagine that you have a water hose running from your low back all the way down to your toes. If you pinch that water hose at the top, the water flow will be significantly impaired down at the bottom. This is essentially what happens when the bones shift in the low back causing a “pinched nerve”.
- If that nerve happens to be the sciatic nerve, which runs down the back of your thigh and leg, it is called “sciatica”
- Chiropractic can gently shift those bones back into position without surgery
- The same can be said for hip, knee, and ankle problems. We treat the body as a whole and establish if there is any nerve pinching at the ankle, knee, hip, or low back level that can be inhibiting healing
- Deep myofascial release techniques for the low back and leg muscles also helps tremendously
- Acupuncture can be an excellent adjunct to more difficult cases