Chiropractic has been a blessing to millions of people who have had whiplash injuries.
- Whiplash takes place when a person’s spine, usually their head and neck, is thrown very quickly in one direction and then rebounded in the opposite direction. It may also happen from side-to-side or when the neck is rotated
- This sudden and unnatural movement can lead to nerve, joint, ligament, tendon, muscle, and disc stress, irritation, or damage. Chiropractors call this vertebral subluxation
- What’s worse is that these vertebral subluxations can reverse the natural curve of the cervical spine and can persist in the spine for many years before the patient even feels any pain
- Chiropractors use tests such as x-rays, MRI, muscle and temperature scans, neurological, and orthopedic tests to determine if a patient is suffering from whiplash
- Although it may take awhile to heal from this type of injury, chiropractic care has an excellent rate of success in treating this condition
- That is why at West U Wellness each patient receives a thorough examination after any type of injury